THE POWER OF
According to a survey conducted for Capgemini and RBC Wealth Management, a full 92% of high net worth individuals (HNWI) think driving social impact is important.
Furthermore, 75% of HNWIs 40 and under believe it to be “very” or “extremely” important, including those in emerging markets.
TOP 5 WAYS HNWIs
seek to make a social impact
The simple decision to partner with CDC Deposits for large cash on deposits management and security will also support 4 of these top 5 ways to make a social impact.
Now that is a creative, and smart way to make a difference!
the Family Office
According to the UBS/Camden Wealth Global Family Report 2017, social impact investment strategies operate across a wide range of asset classes with direct private investment (62.5%), private equity (56.3%) and venture capital (37.5%) being the most popular. This same report inquired as to the key sectors that Family Offices directed their impact investments. Education (54.3%), environmental and resource efficiency (50%), environmental conservation (45.7%), agriculture and food (43.5%) and healthcare/wellness (43.5%), top the board.
IMPACT INVESTMENT – ASSET CLASSES
% of Family Offices
- Direct Private Investments 62.5% 62.5%
- Private Equity (Funds) 56.3% 56.3%
- Venture Capital 37.4% 37.4%
- Public Equity (Funds) 14.6% 14.6%
- Real Estate 12.5% 12.5%
- Other (Cash Equivalents) 2.1% 2.1%
IMPACT INVESTMENT – SECTORS
% of Family Offices
- Education 54.3% 54.3%
- Energy & Resource Efficiency 50.0% 50.0%
- Environmental Conservation 45.7% 45.7%
- Agriculture & Food 43.5% 43.5%
- Sustainable Infrastructure 34.8% 34.8%
- Women’s Empowerment 28.3% 28.3%
- General Sustainability 26.1% 26.1%
- Housing & Community Development 26.1% 26.1%
- Sustainable Consumer Products 23.9% 23.9%
- Infrastructure 21.7% 21.7%
- Job Creation 19.6% 19.6%
- Employment & Empowerment 19.6% 19.6%
- Access to Finance 13.0% 13.0%
- Safety & Security 10.9% 10.9%
- Base of Pyramid Services 10.9% 10.9%
- Sustainable Banking 10.9% 10.9%
CDC Impact Deposits
Can Drive All Sectors
We partner with leading family offices committed to leveraging cash to drive social good. Cash on deposit is now as powerful a part of the social impact portfolio as it is secure!
Of the more than 80,000 registered foundations in the United States, according to the I.R.S., two-thirds have endowments less than $1 million dollars (the median is $500,000).
According to Foundations Source, private foundations with endowments less than $50 million make up 98% of these 80,000 private U.S. foundations.
Equally impactful and even more impressive, a survey of 732 of these foundations indicated they gave well in excess of the federally mandated 5% payout requirements, averaging a staggering 11.6%.